On Saturday May 15, 2010 I ran in my first 5k race. I met my goal of running (ok jogging) the whole thing without stopping. I ran it in 34 minutes and 30 seconds. This is quite as fast as I wanted to run it but I figure it was pretty good since it was my first time running outside and only my second time actually running a full 5k. It was fun to have Devon, the boys, my mom and dad and my sister there at the finish line. I'm looking forward to another race and hopefully the next one will be a dualathon (a bike and run)
Tuesday, May 18, 2010
5k
On Saturday May 15, 2010 I ran in my first 5k race. I met my goal of running (ok jogging) the whole thing without stopping. I ran it in 34 minutes and 30 seconds. This is quite as fast as I wanted to run it but I figure it was pretty good since it was my first time running outside and only my second time actually running a full 5k. It was fun to have Devon, the boys, my mom and dad and my sister there at the finish line. I'm looking forward to another race and hopefully the next one will be a dualathon (a bike and run)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Jamie that is seriously soooo awesome! I would be blue in the face and panting like a dog if I did that. And you looked so great afterward. I think it's hilarious that you are holding Logan just after running an exhausting race. ha ha.
Yeah!! Congratulations!!
We are so proud of you! You set the goal and saw it through. It was a beautiful day and the boys loved the park!
I want to run a 5k at some point in my life. Hopefully once this little girl gets here, I can get back into running!
Congratulations on the time! I think 3+ miles in 34 minutes is FANTASTIC!!!
Congratulations!
Congrats - you are amazing! I have no desire to ever run a 5k - so I admire you all the more.
Post a Comment