Thursday, April 1, 2010

Ducks and Turkeys





Devon went to the store to buy supplies to fix one of our fences and he came back with two baby ducks and two baby turkeys. He just couldn't help himself because he knows how much the boys love the baby animals. Logan and Jordan just love their new pets and they can't stop looking at them. After we got them all situated in their new home they were chirping quite loudly and Jordan goes "Baby Birds Cry" and I said "yes the baby birds are crying" Jordan then goes "Their momma's gone". It was so cute that he recognizes that babies need their mom. (the ducks look funny because they just got out of the bath tub. Devon wanted to see if they could swim :))


As a side note I wanted to post about the 5k I am planning on running in May. I have come to realize how much I miss being a part of competitive sports and although I have the opportunity to coach I miss being a participant in the competition. So I decided I would start running and train for a race. I've been running pretty consistently for about a month and a half and I am excited for the race. I would love to do a triathalon somebody but with the two little ones and my husband gone most of the time, I think I might just have to stick to running.

7 comments:

Ellen said...

Ok your house is really becoming "old" McDonalds Farm! I think it is great! The boys are adorable.

Lindsay said...

eieio.... do the birds have names? also, what happened to jojo's curls? i miss them :( he looks so grown up without the einstein hair!

C Tam said...

ahahaha, Old McDonald's Farm. I hadn't even thought of it until Ellen pointed it out. Jordan's comment about the birds crying is a story to cherish.

Cody and Tami said...

I love the baby ducks and turkeys, how fun! I am super impressed with you running a 5K.

Spring said...

You guys really are farmers. I can't wait to see the babies, so cute. And a 5K!! Jamie I thought you were just running for the fun of it, that is so awesome. Seriously, I get winded just running up the stairs, not kidding. Way to go!

Deon said...

Don't fun experiences like this only happen in children's picture books? Your boys are so lucky to be "on the farm" and doing what thousands of other little kids would absolutely love to do!

Good luck with the 5K! Way to go, Jamie!

Beth said...

I love all of your animals! What great experiences for the boys!