Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Girls Camp 2011

When I was a teenager and in young women's I always looked forward to the summer and going to girls camp. This year I was called as the assistant girls camp director and I was so excited!!!! As we got closer and closer to that week I got more and more nervous about leaving the boys but I knew that Heavenly Father would watch out for them and give me peace while I was away. Actually, it worked out perfect because Devon ended up having to go to Boise for work so he took the boys with him and my family was able to help with the boys. Anyone who knows my boys knows that they would pick hanging out with grandpa over their mom any day of the week! We had 27 girls go and we had a great week. I don't know most of the young women in our ward so this gave me an opportunity to get to know them and to learn what an amazing bunch of girls they are. We had a great time doing crafts, going on hikes, pit cooking two turkeys (can I say yum), making icecream, having a "spa"afternoon with facials, etc. I also have to give a big shout out to our wonderful camp director! I got to know an amazing woman and I am grateful for the opportunity to work with her!


Craft Time

Here are the boys leaving for Boise!

No comments: