Friday, November 11, 2011

Hike to Lower Canyon Falls

For those that have been to Yellowstone, you know that Artist Point at Yellowstone Canyon is one of the most beautiful places in the park. Unfortunately, I got confused and I thought you had to go all the way to the Canyon Lodge to get to Artist Point. We decided to stop at the Lodge and then we would turn around and go back to Artist Point. We went into the gift shop so the boys could pick out a souvenir. Jordan found a Yellowstone Leathermans tool and Logan really really wanted a stuffed buffalo, a.k.a "buff". We then found a picnic table and enjoyed our lunch while the boys fed the squirrels (yes I know we aren't supposed to do this but those squirrels were pros at getting food from people :)). Then we hopped in the car and headed back the way we came. We took the sign that said "Lower Falls Lookout" so I thought that was where we were supposed to go. Wrong again! I'm glad I was wrong though cuz when we got there we saw that it was actually a hike down to the lower falls. So we started hiking. The hike down wasn't bad but the hike up was tough. Devon had Logan in the back pack and they cruised down and up, but Jordan kept getting tired on the way up so we had to stop a few times. The falls were beautiful though and I think we will have to make it a tradition to hike to the Lower Falls!



Logan was all tuckered out after the hike and Jordan just wanted to keep showing us his souvenir.

1 comment:

bradkimberleefam said...

Those are some really pretty pics!!