Thursday, August 7, 2008

Huckleberries

Today Jordan and I got up early and drove to Soda Springs, a 40 minute drive. We met up with Alberto's (Dev's friend from work) wife, Tara. We then drove another 40 minutes (even though it was only 18.5 miles) and we went huckleberry picking. It was pretty fun but Jordan hardly left my lap so that made it a little difficult. I had no idea that huckleberries were so small and I had it in my mind that I was going to make jam and can it, unfortunately after 4 hours of being up there I only came home with enough berries to fill one quart size bag. Fortunately, Jordan ate more than I picked :) so I know he likes them. So I popped them in the freezer and I'm saving them for some healthy snacks.

3 comments:

BL said...

I love huckleberry picking! I used to do it when I was little in Mccall all the time. But you have to pick like a million to be able to enjoy them!

Juliette said...

How fun, for some reason I am not surprised at all the Jordan ate them, when ever I see him he is always eating! There is a boy for ya! I would love to try that jam if you ever get around to making it.

Anonymous said...

Yummy!
Jamie, I didn't know snacks were supposed to be healthy. LOL.
Looks like you guys had a lot of fun even if you only got one bag to save. It's fun to do these things with the kids because you never know which events will be some of the first things they remember as they grow up.
Gwyl