Monday, May 21, 2012

Devons' Accident




In February we were in Boise for Devon's work and for my brother Andy's indoor WAC Championship track meet. Devon went to work and the boys and I went to the track meet with my parents. A few hours later Devon called to see if it was all right for him to go for a horse back ride with his cousins. I told him we would be at the meet for a while so go for it. An hour or so later I get a phone call from Devon this is how the conversation went.....
Devon: Where are you?
Me: I'm at the track meet ( annoyed because he knew where I was)
Devon: What track meet?
Me: Andy's track meet
Dev: where?
Me: At the Idaho Center
Dev: Oh you're here in Boise....What are we doing in Boise?
Me: (really confused and annoyed now) You had to work here
Dev: Did I already work today....am I supposed to be working now
Me: No you're done working today. What is going on?
Dev: I fell off the horse and I have a hole in my face. Click,

Needless to say Devon had a concussion and after many "funny" phone calls, including one where he thought we were having a baby soon but he wasn't sure, and many hours of me waiting to hear what was going on, Devon returned from the E.R. with stitches in his chin, a broken jaw, a concussion, a broken hand, a huge bruise on his bicep and a hurt hip.

2 comments:

Cody and Tami said...

Oh my goodness, that picture of the hole in face is horrible! Glad he was okay...eventually!

Spring said...

Holy cow, that picture is terrible. Poor guy. I didn't know about the broken hand.